Stress Management, Workshop Recap

SDO: Self Awareness & Resilience, Workshop Facilitator: Catherine Cantieri, Workshop Category: You

Strategies Talked About in Workshop

90/10 Rule: Spend 90% of your time working and the other 10% taking breaks.
Challenging Task: Start your day with the most challenging task, rather than saving it for last
Control vs. Importance: Look at your stresses in two difference ways to help make decisions on how to manage them and which ones to tackle first.
Diet & Exercise: Start out using small goals for diet and exercise in order to stay healthy and decrease stress.
Different Spaces: Using different spaces at work at home for different tasks and projects.
Energize using Strengths: Use your Strengths to uncover what energizes you most when taking breaks and decreasing stress.
Engaging with people: notice how you engage with people that de-stress you, or add to stress
Gratitude: Take time out of your day to show people that you are thankful.
Interruptions: Allowing your phone, e-mail, and other interruptions distract you during work. Recognizing how long and how frequent these interruptions occur.
Intrinsic Motivation: Find projects and areas of work that you are intrinsically motivated to excel in.
Outcome Visualization: Visualize you main goal or priority each day.
Patterns in Triggers: recognize patterns of stress trigger patterns (who, what, when, & where)
Perception: Not all stress is bad stress an important thing to remember about stressors is that they have no meaning until we give them meaning. Stressors actually aren’t stressful, unless we decide that they are.
Role Conflicts: Recognize which roles in your life may be conflicting and why so you can address the problem
Run-Walk-Run Approach: Intervals of worktime and break time; 30 minutes work, 5 minutes of break.
Strengths of Others: Looking at the correlation between the balconies and basements of certain strengths, and focusing on the benefits (balconies) of those strengths that others show.

Next steps are to identify stresses you can control and stresses you cannot control and determine their importance.

stress

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s